Alluring sin,

Calling for us.

Lonely stars,

Empty moon,

Seeking for us.

Abandoning hope,

Tempting desire,

Waiting for us.

It doesn't have a title, because I'm not sure what to call it, a friend suggested Alluring Temptation but I don't know if I like that. Tittle suggestions would be awesome. Anyways, I wrote this about 6 or 7 months ago after watching something on tv.

--
June 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shelby

I really like the second poem. As for the title of the first one, you don't have to have a title that necessarily reveals the topic of the poem. You could make a title that almost seems like the first line of the poem itself. For instance, check out "In a Station of the Metro" by Ezra Pound and you'll see what I'm talking about. Normally, however, if you leave it untitled, the title just becomes the first line anyway. I like it and would like to see more.

June 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

britney dargavell

While I would LOVE to take credit for the second one, that's actually part of a poem by Geroge Byron or Lord Byron.  I really love his work.

I actually like it untitled, but I was just wondering if I did decide to title it, which direction I should go. Thanks Shelby! This is probably one of my favorite ones I've written.

--
June 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shelby

Ah, I figured it was Lord Byron. I like him a lot as well. I just didn't want to blurt out, "Hey, that looks like Byron!" Interesting movie the BBC did about him. Really good, actually. Anyway, keeping it untitled would probably be best and it'll just be called "Sweet temptation" by default. LOL

--

June 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nate
Site Owner

Yeah, I don't care the "Alluring Temptation" suggestion... it's just too... direct I guess and pushes you toward a certain interpretation.  It's not a bad pattern you have going on in there.  

--

Nate

Currently Reading:  Vagabond, Book II of the Grail Quest Trilogy

Currently Writing:  A magical realism piece centered around three connected characters in three different time periods (1700, 1916, 2012).

August 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gracieo

I have a lot of untitled stuff that the few that got published (might I imply very few) ended up being titled by the first line.  Normally the tend to be shorter lined and therefore more easily named by a single line.

--

Do not, as some ungracious pastors do,

Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven,

Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine,

Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads.

And recks not his own rede.

-Ophelia, scene iii (William Shakespeare)

The Road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.  -Ernest Hemingway

August 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

britney dargavell

Thanks!

--
October 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.